A climber doing tree work was electrocuted May 28, 2020, in Sacramento, California, after making contact with a power line while 50 feet up in a tree.
Fire crews responded to a reported tree fire at a private home and found that the tree trimmer was stuck in a tree about 50 feet off the ground.
When first responders arrived, they found the man, who had been contracted by the property owner, high up in a tree and unresponsive. Officials later confirmed that the man, who was in his 50s, had died.
Power was turned off, and a special team with the fire department trained for these types of incidents assisted with getting the victim out of the tree, according to a CBS13/CW31 Television report.