A tree worker was electrocuted while on a job on April 22, 2021, in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Randy Johnson, 58, who was working for a tree service contracted to cut down a large tree, was up in the bucket of an aerial-lift truck above the power lines cutting a limb. Johnson was moving the bucket to a better location and accidentally touched a live power line, causing him to be electrocuted.
He was taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, according to a News 9 report.
Man rescued after being pinned by limb
A man was transported to an area hospital after being pinned in a tree by a large limb April 27, 2021, in Shawnee, Kansas.
The man, in his late 20s, was trying to cut down a large branch when it split or broke, pinning his right leg to the tree. The man was about 20 feet above the ground and was unable to free himself.
Firefighters used a fire truck’s ladder to stabilize and lift the branch off of the man’s leg, while a firefighter on a second truck’s ladder helped the man out of the tree. The man was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The man was a family member of the homeowner but was not a trained arborist, according to a Shawnee Mission Post report.