A man was electrocuted while trimming trees on March 27, 2021, in Cottontown, Tennessee.
Joshua Singletary, 36, of Hendersonville, Tenn., was electrocuted while trimming near power lines at a home.
It was unclear whether the electrical contact was with the victim directly or through the aerial lift he was using. Co-workers on the other side of the home heard the accident and came to the man’s aid.
Singletary was already receiving CPR when first responders were dispatched, and he was still in cardiac arrest when EMS arrived. Medics made every effort to revive and stabilize him, and he was transported to Skyline Medical Center in Nashville in extremely critical condition. Skyline continued resuscitation efforts but ultimately declared the patient deceased, according to a Smokey Barn News report.